Thursday 27 October 2016

Learn the facts on medical marijuana

Pat Butler, Ventura



I've had the opportunity to observe several county supervisor and city council candidate forums in Ventura County. I have been stunningly impressed with the complete lack of knowledge the candidates have about medical marijuana.

I am 74 years old. I have osteoarthritis. I took Celebrex for approximately 18 years. After prolonged use, Celebrex causes scar tissue in the kidneys. It can lead to kidney failure.

When my lab reports showed decreased kidney function, doctors told me to stop taking Celebrex.

The best alternative they offered was Tylenol. It had a minimal effect. And taking prescription pain relievers meant I could not function normally.

In an effort to get some relief from the pain, I researched medical cannabis. I learned that there are many alternatives to "smoking pot." I also learned there are reliable sources that provide various components of cannabis for varying uses. THC is the element that produces psychotropic effects.

CBD does not. CBD relieves pain. I began taking CBD-infused oil twice per day several months ago.

It has no side effects. It does not make me high. It simply relieves pain. It gave me my life back.

The most reasonable way to treat medical cannabis is to allow a licensed outlet to sell it like any other medicine. Currently, I must allow a stranger to come into my house to transact business.

I ask that anyone running for public office become familiar with the facts about cannabis before making decisions that put those of us using it for truly medical purposes at risk.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!